Friday, August 13, 2010

Thank Goodness for Friday!

Stonehenge

Image via Wikipedia

Why?  Because it means I have more time to my own pursuits over the weekend.  We all know what those pursuits are, No, No, not women and trouble, I’m too slow for that these days.  I’ve been trying to track down a couple of very elusive ancestors.  These particular ones are giving me quite the chase, but I have learned that patience and persistence pay off, eventually.

The two main culprits, are my maternal Great, Great, Great Grandparents, George Moore and Elizabeth Frame.  I know a few things about them, like George was born around 1808, in England, and Elizabeth was born  around 1813 in Nova Scotia.  I have a copy of a land grant from the King of England to George and Elizabeth, but no record of where they really come from.   The hard part is that the names are so very common, there are hundreds of possibilities.  The difficulty with too many possibilities is, you have to research each one trying to substantiate or disprove the connection. 

I have found an astonishingly large database of the Frame surname, but it’s going to take some time to weed though the genealogy.  At least they have the genealogy posted, so I can take my time with it and see if a possible match appears.  On George, I only wish I knew the town he came from in England, It would make the effort so much easier. 

I do have all weekend, so perhaps I can make some progress.  It’s been a long, grueling week of work, leaving me worn and too tired to actively search during the evenings.  That is why I’m looking so forward to this weekend.  A clear mind after a long nights rest, may see what has been right in front of me all along.  For now though, I’ll bid good tidings to all, and head off for my much needed restful slumber.

4 comments:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

Dr. Bill ;-)
http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"
http://www.examiner.com/x-53135-Springfield-Genealogy-Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-58285-Ozarks-Cultural-Heritage-Examiner

Eric S. said...

Thanks Dr. Bill, I have found it very stimulating indeed. There is much I'm still learning, and the association is very helpful in that respect. Thanks for visiting, I'll add your links to my pages, as I get the time to update them.

tashabud said...

I'm glad it's TGIF also. I rarely get a weekend off, so I do treasure them when they come.

Good luck in your hunt for those elusive infos and have a great weekend.

Tasha

Eric S. said...

Thanks Tasha, I'm making some progress, but it is slow. The weekends I get to work on things are the most cherished.