Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

Promenade Insel Lindau 3

Image via Wikipedia

You’ll notice from time to time, I like to post sunset or sunrise pictures.  When I’m trying to find  a little, soul centering peace, there's nothing better than a beautiful sunset or sunrise.  I just find them to be so… relaxing and refreshing.  Lends comfort to my thoughts to remember that the cycle continues no matter what.  Not to mention, the simple pleasure of absorbing such wondrous beauty.

I’m trying to figure a strategy for the weekend.  Yes, I’m already looking forward to the weekend, trying to figure out where to start.  I have such a huge pile of records that I really need to get entered into Legacy, and the sources cited, that it’s just a little overwhelming.  I think I’m going to have to once again refrain from any fresh research until I can make progress on what I already have.  If I don’t, I might just get lost, and end up repeating work needlessly.  Over the past three weeks, I have gone through two whole packs of paper, and three print cartridges.

I have had all of this information floating around in my head, cluttering my thoughts with the possibilities of more familiar links.  Until I review everything, and make certain they are truly linked to my ancestors, and get the data entered and cited, I won’t be able to think straight.  Everything I found this last weekend, isn’t even counting the 300 plus people of the Wren family I still have to get entered, that was an amazing find for sure.

So bear with me if I seem a little distracted for the next few days.

Quote of the Day:
”All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened.”
--Ernest Hemingway

3 comments:

kkipp said...

OMG, 300 Wrens ?!?

On the sunset/sunrise thought: Sunset and sunrise are transitional times, transformational times, as light and shadow shift and reform the landscape into a freshly-crafted work of natural art. I often choose those times when I have a meditation, or ritual, to do that has transformation as part of its desired effect.

Eric S. said...

Personally, I like the consistency of the transitions. Just to think that even though the sun is going down, it will be back again the next day. There's something comforting in that.

kkipp said...

Aha! I always suspected you are a glass half-full person--trusting that another day will dawn, and being comforted by that--me too.